Friday, May 11, 2012

Charity: Water

Today I wanted to share some information with you about a great non-profit known as Charity Water.  I learned about their cause only a few days ago and am so excited to be able and share their mission.  If you have been on the fence about supporting a Non-profit and you’re looking for a cause to support, this may be it.  As stated on Charity Water’s website:

 “90% of the 30,000 deaths that occur every week from unsafe water and unhygienic living conditions are of children under five years old. Many of these diseases are preventable. The UN predicts that one tenth of the global disease burden can be prevented simply by improving water supply and sanitation.”

Most of us in developed nations are very fortunate and we sometimes forget that much of the developing world still doesn't have access to one of the most basic necessities of life; water.   I know I’m not much different than everyone else; I fill my Nalgene with clean, precious water, without thinking twice.  After learning about Charity Water, it is evident how lucky I am.  Putting myself in the shoes of the less fortunate, I don’t think I’ve ever been really, really thirsty.  I’ve never had to leave my house and walk five or ten miles to fetch some water.  But still, there are billions of people on the planet who don’t have clean water.  They need our help.

Charity Water makes a significant, positive impact improving the quality of life for millions of people throughout the world.  Our CEO at SoRewarding has felt so strongly about the cause, he has personally donated to Charity Water.  Now, the entire SoRewarding Staff is eager to get involved and help Charity Water to provide less fortunate people, who didn’t ask for polluted water, clean and nourishing water.  This water will go a long way in health, sanitation, disease prevention and the growth of their community.  As you all know, that is what SoRewarding is all about.  Bringing communities together and helping provide a bright future by donating to outstanding Non-Profits, such as Charity Water.

I hope that I’ve shared some information with you today, which will make us all more grateful and appreciative about the things we take for granted.  Hopefully we can have Charity Water soon be one of our Non-Profits on SoRewarding so that each of us can help this wonderful cause and help millions across the globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment