What is it?
Who is it for?
What can be gained from it?
- Build capacity and increase knowledge on water resources management
- Learn to balance developmental needs with water resources and the environment
- Learn to manage conflicts in the use of water with other stakeholders
- Learn to collaborate with other players to maximise transboundary developments
How can that be done?
Why is there a need?
What are these trends?
What other benefits are there?
- Aqua Republica provides a flexible and continuous online learning platform for organisations interested in natural resource management
- It also offers a fun way to encourage integrated water resources management proficiency by gauging and tracking players’ progress
What is the game concept?
What is it like to play it?
As time moves on, drivers such as population growth, climate change and actions of other players, force you to adapt to survive and thrive. For example, you may need to decide to clear a forest area to open up land to expand industry. However, developments are costly, take time to implement, impact the environment and other users, as well as your score.